Sunday, May 31, 2015

Syren's Voice Reader -- Spring 2015

Now Enrolling for Summer!
Thank you for your interest!Summer is a great time to study voice, guitar, ukulele, bodhran, or penny whistle.If you are interested in private lessons, please contact me by phone 918-231-6413 or by
email at jetbutterfly at gmail dot com.
Please know that there is a review process for admittance to the studio. Lessons are one on one and our personalities and goals must be similar. I want this to be a rewarding experience. I am humbled and honoured to be in demand; however, I reserve the right to grant acceptance to potential students after an interview. This is not based on level of talent. It is based on commitment to study and goals. I expect my students to rehearse, be prepared for every lesson, arrive on time, and be willing to try new techniques and song styles. .
Students Prepare for
Spring Voice Recital
Oh, Spring is blooming and so are the students! An estimated 18 brave souls will perform for their friends and family at the end of the month at a private recital. We will have many first time performers as well as continued success from long term students.
Syren's Voice hosts 3 recitals per year. The Spring and Winter Recitals are private events for Studio students, families and friends. The Summer recital is open to the public and anyone may attend.
While performing at a recital is never required, it is highly recommended as performance is part of the music process. Recital preparation includes performance coaching and microphone training. We create a gentle environment to build confidence and give opportunities to take chances.
Summer Voices Camp!
Success!!

2014's Summer camp was the best one yet! The camp took place at the caboose, the stage, and in other grassy knolls of Country Village We learned how to play the Penny Whistle. We had Theatre History lessons and played improv games. We sang in Scottish Gaelic, built Castles, crafted Viking long boats and More! It was so much fun!! Thanks to all the students for making this adventure the best experience for all involved.

What made this camp different?

This camp is smaller in size - 8 students max in each camp. We work on overcoming shyness, building confidence in singing, acting and improvisation. We push ourselves beyond our usual comfort zone to find more about our imaginations and creative hearts.
I am very proud of all the campers!
I hope that this experience will help them with the upcoming school year in music, art, history, and social situations.



Due to my touring schedule, I will not be able to have a full week camp this year. But stay tuned! I am working out a 3 Day Adventure Event that will knock your socks off! Details to come.

To learn more about my music projects visit
www.jetbutterfly.com
My Tour Schedule
Touring is important to my profession. I am a full time teacher, but also a full time musician.
I am always pushing the bar to become a better performer. Touring keeps my professional performing side in check. I have been fortunate to tour in Ireland, Istanbul, Scotland, and extensively throughout the US and Canada.
I usually tour 2 weeks out of the year. These are sometimes spread out or done at one time. I do my very best to make sure our lessons do not fall to the way side and that every student gets attention before and after my times away.

No comments:

Post a Comment